Please meet one of our apprentices Ryan White. Ryan joined Universal Fire and Security in November 2016 aged 20 years old. He is currently working alongside the service and installation teams to learn all facets of the provision of fire and security systems to a variety of commercial, industrial and domestic premises.
Ryan also attends Focus Training (SW) Ltd where he is training in a level 2 Apprenticeship in Security Systems. The apprenticeship course comprises of City and Guilds 1853-02 Knowledge based units 001, 002, 004 and 006 and the City and Guilds Competency assessments. The course cover topics such as;
- Working effectively and safely Electrotechnical Environments
- Applicable Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), Persona, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and Functional Skills.
- Basic Principles and features of Fire Detection and Intruder Alarm Systems, including Control and Indication Equipment
- Common Circuit Configuration
- Typical Power Supplies
- Basic Principles of Planning, Specifying, Commissioning, Handover, Corrective & Preventative Maintenance, and Administration of Systems
- Practical Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Fault Finding.
Since he started with Universal, Ryan has quickly become a valued member of the engineering team.
In Ryan’s words ‘My name is Ryan White, I am 20 years old and have been at Universal fire and Security since November 2016. I joined as an apprentice and I am currently undergoing my training to become fully qualified in this industry. I have a keen interest in sports and music and enjoy going to music events in my spare time’
Check out this video on the course Ryan is attending and why it is so important to fire and security businesses to employ apprentices. https://youtu.be/3O2Zm8CbSVI