Please meet our new apprentice Jake Marner. Jake joined Universal Fire and Security in March 2016 aged 17 years old. He is currently working alongside the service and installation teams to learn all facets of the provision of fire and security systems to a variety of commercial, industrial and domestic premises.
Jake also attends Focus Training (SW) Ltd where he is training in a level 2 Apprenticeship in Security Systems. The apprenticeship course comprises of City and Guilds 1853-02 Knowledge based units 001, 002, 004 and 006 and the City and Guilds Competency assessments. The course cover topics such as;
- Working effectively and safely Electrotechnical Environments
- Applicable Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), Persona, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and Functional Skills.
- Basic Principles and features of Fire Detection and Intruder Alarm Systems, including Control and Indication Equipment
- Common Circuit Configuration
- Typical Power Supplies
- Basic Principles of Planning, Specifying, Commissioning, Handover, Corrective & Preventative Maintenance, and Administration of Systems
- Practical Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Fault Finding.
Since he started with Universal, Jake has passed his Longland Safety Management Asbestos Awareness course. He is also learning to drive and is hoping to pass his test very soon.
Check out this video on the course Jake is attending and why it is so important to fire and security businesses to employ apprentices. https://youtu.be/3O2Zm8CbSVI