Please meet one of our apprentices Kieran Hayes. Kieran joined Universal Fire and Security in December 2016 aged 19 years old. He is currently working alongside the service and installation teams to learn all facets of the provision of fire and security systems to a variety of commercial, industrial and domestic premises.
Kieran also attends Focus Training (SW) Ltd where he is training in a level 2 Apprenticeship in Security Systems. The apprenticeship course comprises of City and Guilds 1853-02 Knowledge based units 001, 002, 004 and 006 and the City and Guilds Competency assessments. The course cover topics such as;
- Working effectively and safely Electrotechnical Environments
- Applicable Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), Persona, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and Functional Skills.
- Basic Principles and features of Fire Detection and Intruder Alarm Systems, including Control and Indication Equipment
- Common Circuit Configuration
- Typical Power Supplies
- Basic Principles of Planning, Specifying, Commissioning, Handover, Corrective & Preventative Maintenance, and Administration of Systems
- Practical Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance and Fault Finding.
Since he started with Universal, Kieran has quickly become a valued member of the engineering team.
In Kieran’s words ’I started in December 2016 and have been loving my job ever since. In my spare time I like building computers, working on motorcycles and cars and also riding motorbikes’