Please meet one of our team Gary Marshall. Gary joined Universal Fire and Security Ltd 2006 and has been with us for Ten years. He is a multi-disciplined engineer covering all types of servicing and fault finding. He has a designated service area covering parts of Plymouth and Cornwall.
Before joining Universal Fire and Security Ltd Gary was in the Royal Navy serving as a Weapons Engineer (Artificer) he joined in 1980 and left in 2003 carrying out 22 years of service. For the first 10 years of Gary’s service in the Navy he was a Weapon Engineering Mechanics (ordinance) and was learning the trade. During his time, he was promoted to Leading Hand. Over his 22 years in the Navy Gary was on many different ships such as HMS Collinwood, HMS Richmond, HMS Drake and HMS Somerset.
Achievements and Qualifications
- 2013 BS5839 Part 1 2013 – Unit 1 Fire Detection Design
- 2013 BS5839 Part 4 2013 – Unit 5 Fire Alarm System Maintenance
- 2013 TETRA Access Systems Levels 1 & 2
- 2013 CSCS Operative
- 2014 City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Electronic Security and Emergency Systems
- 2014 Paxton Access Ltd Net 2 Essential
- 2014 BAFE Theory & Practice of Servicing Portable Fire Extinguishers
- 2016 Longland Asbestos Awareness
Gary is one of our most experienced engineers who has great knowledge of all fire and security systems. During his free time Gary loves to travel and enjoys his holidays to sunnier destinations throughout the year. He never fails to bring a smile to the faces of the staff here at Universal.